News and events
Latest news about the Eco Park, information on recent progress with construction and project updates.
Stack Delivery, 7 August - The stack (chimney) for the Eco Park is being delivered on Monday 7 August. Due to its size, it will be arriving in three separate loads and these deliveries will need to come through Charlton Village. The loads will be arriving early in the morning (approximately 7am) and the team will work late (approximately 9pm) to allow the stack to be erected in one day. We are not expecting any disruption, however residents may see the stack arriving and activity on the site outside our normal working hours.
Shaping Surrey's Community Recycling Centres - Surrey County Council is consulting on proposed changes to Surrey's community recycling centres. For further information and to have your say please visit our online consultation page, call 03456 009 009 or text 07860 053 465 by 7 August 2017.
Deliveries through Charlton Village, 30 and 31 May - We are expecting four loads to be delivered through Charlton Village on 30 and 31 May (two loads per day). These are parts for the gasification facility and are too large to be routed around the village. We are not expecting there to be any disruption as a result of these loads but residents may notice the large loads coming through.
Resurfacing CRC, week beginning 22 May - We will be replacing the temporary concrete surface with the permanent tarmac surface of the Community Recycling Centre. To avoid temporary closure of the CRC and the disruption to users of the CRC, our contractors, M+W Group, will be undertaking the work in the evenings, from 6pm to 10pm. We expect the work to take three to five days.
Crane movement, 13 April – the second of the two large cranes used to move the boiler into place will be leaving the site. The vehicles removing the crane will all travel through Charlton Village due to their size.
Large load deliveries week beginning 3 April - the boiler for the gasification facility is being delivered to the Eco Park in five sections during the week beginning 3 April. These will be large loads and, due to their size, have to travel through Charlton Village to reach the Eco Park. The deliveries have been planned to minimise disruption to residents living nearby and using the community recycling centre and we would like to apologise in advance for any inconvenience caused. We have written to properties in Charlton Village and on Charlton Lane with information about the deliveries (see below).
Community recycling centre access and extended weekday opening, March 2017 – works are underway to create the Eco Park’s new entrance and internal road layout which will affect access to the community recycling centre. Weekday opening times are being temporarily extended to 6pm from 3 April 2017 to help minimise disruption during these works.
Recycling Centre Opening Hours, October 2016 – The recycling centre is now open 8am to 4pm Monday to Saturday and 9am to 4pm on Sunday.
Construction working hours planning application, September 2016 – The planning application to extend construction hours has been granted permission.
Gasification facility piling works, 12 August 2016 – the second and final phase of piling for the Eco Park development finished this week. We would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused and thank nearby residents for their patience during the works.
Community Recycling Centre service, summer 2016 – the recycling centre service is temporarily restricted and waiting times are extended. We are working to minimise disruption, opening times are being extended and alternative sites are available.
Recyclables bulking facility opens, 15 April 2016 – the Eco Park’s new recyclables bulking facility opened today. Waste transfer operations have moved into the bulking facility and the existing transfer station is no longer in use.
- A short video and photos of the work getting underway at the Eco Park site.
- The exhibition boards (PDF) used at a public drop in session held in July 2015.
- A six page printed update (PDF), produced and distributed to residents in the Eco Park area in July 2015.
We also publish monthly updates on progress with the building works. You can download these below.
Files available to download
- Eco Park update July August 2017.pdf (PDF, 147.2 KB)
- Eco Park June/ July 2017 (PDF, 83.4 KB)
- Eco Park May /June 2017 (PDF, 35.6 KB)
- Eco Park April/ May 2017 Update (PDF, 65.1 KB)
- Eco Park March/April 2017 Update (PDF, 68.2 KB)
- Boiler delivery letter to nearby residents (PDF, 73.3 KB)
- Eco Park February/March 2017 Update (PDF, 67.2 KB)
- Eco Park December/January 2017 Update (PDF, 68.5 KB)
- Eco Park November/December 2016 Update (PDF, 64.8 KB)
- Eco Park October/November 2016 Update (PDF, 63.5 KB)
- Eco Park September/October 2016 Update (PDF, 64.8 KB)
- Eco Park August/September 2016 Update (PDF, 64.3 KB)
- Eco Park July/August 2016 update (PDF, 64.2 KB)
- Eco Park June/ July 2016 Update (PDF, 63.9 KB)
- Eco Park May/ June 2016 Update (PDF, 115.4 KB)
- Eco Park April/May 2016 Update (PDF, 121.0 KB)
- Eco Park March/April 2016 Update (PDF, 122.2 KB)
- Eco Park February/March 2016 Update (PDF, 125.4 KB)
- Eco Park December 2015/February 2016 Update (PDF, 125.0 KB)
- Eco Park November/December 2015 Update (PDF, 122.1 KB)
- Eco Park October/November 2015 Update (PDF, 121.6 KB)
- Eco Park September/October 2015 Update (PDF, 124.4 KB)
- Eco Park August/September 2015 Update (PDF, 124.1 KB)
- Eco Park Surrey drop in session boards (PDF, 837.6 KB)
- Eco Park Surrey update July 2015 (PDF, 580.9 KB)