The Eco Park will bring a range of benefits for the environment and local community:
- It will lead to an overall reduction in lorry traffic from the site compared to the current operation.
- Extensive landscaping with a range of plants and trees to enhance the environment around the Eco Park.
- 42 new jobs will be created from managerial and technical roles, to junior administrative and operational positions and apprenticeships.
- A dedicated reuse centre will be a prominent feature, encouraging residents to leave their unwanted items to be refurbished and reused.
- After powering itself, the Eco Park will supply energy to the national grid, enough to power up to 8,000 homes.